Multitech Musical Instrument Workshop is owned and run by Anton Bourdillon. He grew up with music in the family and played various instruments including sax, trumpet, drums and percussion in bands and groups throughout his school life. He started working life as an apprentice in the engineering field. After 8 years in maintenance and production engineering Anton decided to merge his love of music with his technical experience by enrolling as a full-time student on the Musical Instrument Technology (MIT) course at Merton College in Surrey, UK, now South Thames College.
He qualified with a City & Guilds Higher Award in 1995 and has been repairing all manner of instruments ever since. The result is that MultiTech offers some advantages over other establishments offering repair services, such as –
- Highly skilled, experienced & qualified technician.
- A variety of instrument types repaired from one location.
- On The Spot Service available in Emergency situations.
- Personal Service & reasonable return-time on repairs.
- Drums Skinned, Tuned & Restored.
- Snare Drums, Orchestral Timpani, Latin/ethnic Percussion.
- Vintage Instruments restored & set-up to suit your playing style.
- All repair work has 3 month guarantee.
- Servicing Kent, London and the South East.
With over 20 years technical experience, the skill base MultiTech offers all customers cover a large range of repair tasks, from general servicing to more specialised & intricate restoration work such as a few examples listed below –
Brass Instruments – piston & rotary valves, slides, dents, soldering & polishing
Percussion Instruments – reskinning & tuning drum heads (natural & synthetic), servicing snare drums, bass pedals, cymbals, tuned percussion & timpani heads.
String Instruments – setting up & repair of instrument from the violin & guitar family (acoustic & electric), bow rehair & repair, bridge adjustment, body cracks & neck repairs.
Woodwind Instruments – cracke, padding, seating, regulation, tuning, key, crook & tenon corking (clarinets, flutes, saxophones oboes & bassoons)
Do make contact for any queries including above & beyond the following –
On the spot & Emergency Repairs – Repair Assessments & Estimates
Specialist advice & general enquiries – Dropping & Collecting Instruments